Sunday, January 10, 2010

My First Opportunity & My First Grandchild

Today is the first time that I am writing this blog, hoping to look back on the opportunity to write and share my thoughts and interests with my family, but especially with my grandchildren. At this point in time, we are blessed with three grandchildren. This first post will be about my first grandchild. Ariana Elisabeth Torres Monie was born on July 25, 1998 in Pensacola, Florida. I am so happy to say that I was invited to be there to witness this little one entering the world. She is the precious child who came to us with wisdom and intelligence all built in. Ariana is compassionate and caring, well beyond her years, and prays out loud with an honest conversation with her Lord that many grownups do not have in their quiet moments. I love this child and will love her always, no matter her moments of question or rebellion. She speaks Spanish well and models the valuable skill of risk taking that ensures her continuing language acquisition. I love her ability to listen in on the adults and gain wisdom from their conversations. Ariana is now in 6th grade. She moved to Mobile, Alabama, matriculated into a new school, made new friends, and then made straight A's the first marking period. It goes without saying that this child has had wonderful parenting, but she is an amazing young lady. Ariana is just as beautiful inside as outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment